Introducing the “REM”
(Referencing Exit Marker)
The “REM” is a non-directional marker that when used provides the cave diver(s) a positive exit orientation without affecting the permanent directional markers.
1) As effective and secure as the proven use of directional markers (line arrows), will not come off the line unintentionally.
2) The application method remains consistent with the line arrow.
3) Individual shape characteristics identify a unique personal identification by both sight and touch.
4) The “paddle” provides an unmistakable directional reference.
5) Does not affect permanent markers / line arrows signals while still providing an interpretable directional requirement for the user.
6) Other divers who encounter a REM can also interpret the using diver(s) signal without affecting their own directional requirements or the permanent line set ups that might also be present at the same location.
7) The two sided “paddle” provides space for personal identification and a “mini slate” for multi purpose inscription with any pencil, even while under water during a dive (e.g. “CIRCUIT TURN POINT”, “DISTANCE FROM EXIT 1,500′ / 700psi”, “DANGER BROKEN LINE AHEAD!”, “LOST DIVER”, “I HAVE EXITED CAVE / TIME 27 MIN.”, “SURVEY IN PROGRESS”, “DATA COLLECTION STATION”, “STAGE DROP”, “WRECK PENETRATION POINT” etc.)
8) Easy to store and access, sized and matches to amass perfectly along with line arrows.
9) Can not be accidentally removed as with “cloths pins” or “cookies”.
10) Unmistakable yet color is not a factor.